Membership of the Society and attendance at the conference is open to those who fall into one of the following categories:
- Teach New Testament (or a cognate discipline) at a recognized HEI;
- Hold a doctorate in the area of New Testament;
- Those involved in postgraduate research in New Testament at doctoral or masters level;
- Have previously been in attendance at the Society's annual conference (subject to (e) below);
- By special permission of the committee, for one year only in the first instance, to someone who has made a recognised published contribution to New Testament studies.